If your app freezes while updating
, simply terminate the app completely
(that includes you, multi-taskers!) and re-launch. The updates are linear so it will continue right where it left off. Please rate the tivs.ca app if you find it useful!
Take the world of trade in values with you wherever you go!
TIVS.ca one-ups it's mobile version with a product that no longer requires you to be connected to the internet - you can download updates while connected and then have the same
database stored on your device for viewing anywhere! iPod Touch users, this is right up your alley! By creating a localized database for our users, we can streamline the loading process by only loading what is new, and storing the rest!
Oh yeah, did we mention it's free
- Compatible with iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, and all iPod Touch devices running at least iOS 3.0
- Fully optimized for the iPhone 4's retina display
- Ability to search by system to reduce scrolling
- Filter games by which retailer you want to only see qualifying games for (EB Games, Future Shop, and Best Buy)
- Streamlined update process, which keeps you up to date with the exact same information as the site
- Optimized update process - checking for updates consumes 8 bytes of data, which means you would need to check 131 070 times to use 1 MB of data!
- Optimized download process - downloading updates only uses 1 MB of data for every ~13 000 game updates!
- Data is stored locally on your device, so there's no waiting on a server or internet connection
- Comprehensive list of all current-generation home consoles (and a few older ones)
- Fully supports Future Shop, Best Buy, Blockbuster Video, Rogers Plus and EB Games trade in values - if it's on the site, it's in the app!
Values for games are updated regularly, and are entirely dependent on community-driven users to help support. Although we try our best to keep everything up to date, current-generation systems are the priority and newer games generally get more attention.
We plan on expanding to incorporate user-accounts as well as various game-tracking features, as well as hopefully bundling the app as a collection tracker, but if you have any other suggestions feel free to let us know
. Make sure you rate the tivs.ca app if you find it useful!